"complete with 2 regulation bowling lanes..."
So I got my hotel accomadations from Pokerstars today. Previously, they had said I would be staying at the Monte Carlo, but now apparently they've put me at The Palms. That's fine by me. It seems like a nice property with plenty of excitement - good restaurants, cool clubs, and what appears to be a nice outdoor pool area. Best of all, the Palms is right across the street from the Rio, so I'll be able to walk to the tourney.
But where the Palms really kills is its luxury suites. Apparently, it's well known in Vegas for that. And by "suites," I don't mean "nice, big rooms." In fact, words don't do it justice - the absurdity is just beyond the English language. I defy you to spend 15 minutes looking at the bigger suites on this page without simultaneously:
1)laughing your ass off - i mean, have you SEEN the "hardwood suite."
2)wishing even more that I win this damn thing next month.
Because, yes, the "I won the WSOP" contigency right now is to book the 9,000 square foot "Hugh Heffner Sky Villa" for the night of August 10th, and invite our 200 closest friends. I mean, it does hold 250, but we'll want a little room to stretch out. And what's $40,000 when we've collectively just won $10+ million?
Unless we want to play it cool, and just go bowling or something. Oh wait, in that case, we'll just get this suite.
UPDATE: My buddy Steve pointed out the "Palms TV" video that you can access from this page, and commented: "At first I thought that the chicks didn't come with the rooms, but now I'm not so sure...on the other hand, if you get a 50th story pool that hangs out of a balcony with a 360 degree view of Vegas, you probably don't need the Palms to supply you with a bikini-clad chick in a wedding veil."

1 Comments:
You really need two bowling lanes. In case one is not enough, of course.
Post a Comment
<< Home